Monday, October 27, 2008

Nine Months - Continued

There is a baby head jammed between my hip bones. Yeah. That's all I have to say about that.

Another week, and not much has changed around here... I'm still getting used to mat leave - though I'll admit it's getting easier and easier. A few of my coworkers have helped to ease the transition by sending emails and meeting me for lunch last week.

I honestly thought that I'd be using this time to catch up with more friends, but I'm really finding that I need this time for ME. I'm trying very hard not to feel too guilty about that. It feels selfish, but I'm feeling incredibly overwhelmed by the changes that are about to happen - and it's helping to spend lots of quiet time at home (some with Geoff, some just on my own). I'm not doing a whole lot of anything... Just kind of being. And it's been good. When I push myself to do too much, I can feel the panic and the worry start to build again. As long as I focus on taking it one day at a time and watch the number of goals I'm setting for myself, it's all good. I'm assuming this is all very normal, even if it's completely abnormal for me. Whatever normal is now - hehe.

Baby is good. I'm in awe of how much one tiny baby can squirm and wiggle around in there. She is such a little monkey. And according to my Week 39 email, she's is now the size of a 'small watermelon' - how is that description *not* supposed to make me feel queasy?!

In the meantime, my hospital bags are packed and ready to go. The car seat and stroller got figured out and assembled today. The baby laundry is done. Mommy has a fresh new pedicure. We're officially in 'hurry up and wait' mode now :)

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At October 28, 2008 11:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ENJOY the quiet life; it will soon be a thing of the past:) I'm glad you have this time to relax - as much as Briony lets you:)

 
At October 29, 2008 8:57 AM, Blogger ka said...

I TOLD you mat leave was the greatest thing in the world. Seriously. I was down in my basement yesterday and it occured to me the last time I did anything resembling cleaning down there was week 3 of mat leave, pre-baby. We entertain upstairs for a reason.

And don't let people scare you about how you don't get any 'you-time' post-baby. For example, it's 8:55 am and mine is still in bed. I really hope your order is right and you get one like Scarlett (a la, sleeps through the night from Week 3, and plays happily all day). I was at my mom's group yesterday and let me assure you there wasn't a baby there I'd even CONSIDER trading her for... ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home