Friday, August 08, 2008

Friday Smile

Well, I'm still smiling from yesterday. Does that count?

The only word I can use to describe yesterday is JOY. Geoff and I went for dinner after the ultrasound, and finally managed to get a table at Pizzeria Gusto on Academy. We were just sitting there and enjoying dinner together, and I could not wipe the smile off my face (or the occasional spontaneous tears from my eyes whenever I thought about our baby girl). But it went so much deeper than that... It was one of those rare sacred moments where I felt absolutely and completely happy. It was pure joy.

It all reminded me of a verse that Kathy posted last week: the joy of the Lord is my strength. He is so good to us. Even in the middle of the storm, he's there and he's taking the time to remind us that life goes on - that there's something bigger at work than what we can see. And life is still so full of joy and hope and love, it's overwhelming sometimes. I needed to be reminded of that this week.

Wishing all of you a joyful weekend :)

(By the way, if you haven't already been to Pizzeria Gusto - you must go. It was absolutely the best pizza I've ever had, and the appetizers and desserts were equally impressive. I ordered the Waterloo - loaded with prosciutto and potato and pistachio and cheese, with pesto in the place of tomato sauce. YUM. The only catch is that they don't take reservations, and it's an incredibly popular spot. So either go early - they open at 5.30 - or be prepared to wait. But your wait will be worth it.)

Labels:

2 Comments:

At August 08, 2008 10:03 PM, Blogger gloria said...

that pizza sounds to DIE for.... but is it organic?

 
At August 09, 2008 4:50 PM, Blogger Elleah said...

Yes, there is always joy to be found...especially when it involves pizza and babies!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home