Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Monday Secret on Tuesday

Hey, it's a Long Weekend. So it's kind of like it's Monday today. Kind of.



I love this person. I want to give them a hug. Because we've all been there, or close to it.

In fact, truth be told, I almost did it on Friday after work.

I'd been shopping, trying to find something to wear that would make me feel pretty... And I realized pretty shortly into my trip to Polo Park that there is only one store in that entire gigantic mall that still sells maternity. And I'd tried on everything there that looked remotely interesting to me (and wasn't made of whatever hideous stretch polyester that fashion designers obviously think that pregnant ladies enjoy). I was *so* frustrated (and hormonal, to be sure). I ran in at Safeway on my way home to grab a few things, picked up a basket - and then put it back down, walked to my car, drove home, and then cried in my driveway for a minute or two before I composed myself and headed inside the house. I don't mind being pregnant. Really. In fact, I love it. I would just prefer to look and feel like myself (plus stomach and other assorted little fat deposits) while I'm doing it.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At August 05, 2008 8:15 AM, Blogger Lindsay said...

Nicole, I love the one you picked. It was *such* a great secret.

But here's mine: I (secretly) think that job interviews are kind of fun. It's like a challenge and a first date all rolled up into one (and I'm probably the only girl in the world who thought that first dates were kind of fun too).

Isn't that sick?! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home