Monday, August 04, 2008

Home Stretch

Today is August 4... Which means that we officially have less than three months to go until we meet Baby Wright, who is expected to join our family sometime around November 3. I know, I know - late first babies and all that. Humour my optimism, will you? I'm Type A. And I have November 3 marked on my calendar :)

Anyway. I've had more than just a few moments lately when the realization that we're embarking on this third and final trimester has left me a little bit sad. Not that I'm not super-excited to be holding this baby and learning how to be a mommy. I'm just really enjoying being pregnant - all the changes and kicking and growing - and I don't want it to be over *too* quickly. As far as life eras go, this one is so short. And I have a funny feeling that time won't be slowing down anytime soon.


Baby @ 27 Weeks - August 4

Labels:

7 Comments:

At August 05, 2008 8:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are too cute! You are right.....enjoy this now because you can never get this time back. That's what I keep telling myself about my kids and now they will all be in school in fall:(
Preganacy is a miracle and such a beautiful thing. Glad to hear you are enjoying it so much:)
Miss you......see you Wednesday?

 
At August 05, 2008 8:17 AM, Blogger Lindsay said...

They are ALL in school this fall? Al, that's crazy! I feel like I need to toast you and hug you at the same time :)

I am definitely planning to be there on Wednesday (and Sunday) - I miss you! I haven't seen you in forever.

 
At August 05, 2008 8:25 AM, Blogger Lindsay said...

Okay, it must be the hormones. Because now I'm all sad thinking about how quickly Baby will be in school... hehe. I had a moment last week when I saw a kid in a Drivers Ed car learning how to parallel park, and I totally teared up - because I know that it will feel like all of these milestones happened so quickly.

UGH. Must shed some of these extra hormones SOON and find Lindsay again, if I want to have a hope of surviving new motherhood without my friends mocking me to death :)

 
At August 05, 2008 8:31 AM, Blogger ka said...

We'll mock you anyway. Because we love you...

And I miss "Junior" all the time. Even though "he" turned into the most wonderful baby I could have ordered. It's still differently. In a different/wonderful sort of way. :)

 
At August 05, 2008 9:07 AM, Blogger Crystal said...

oh man, I want to see what you post in your last two weeks. I'm sure you'll be singing a different tune (something along the lines of "Get this kid OUT OF ME ALREADY!!).

yes, double exclamation marks.

 
At August 05, 2008 10:41 AM, Blogger Charlene said...

this time does go by way too quickly. it's insane. time just keeps revving up once little one is out. enjoy your bonding time with baby, and, I am with Crystal, the last two weeks, or month maybe you will be more then ready to have baby out of you!

 
At August 05, 2008 11:35 AM, Blogger Lindsay said...

I hope you girls are right... Because right now, I reallyreallyreally don't want to push a baby out :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home