Friday, August 01, 2008

Friday Smile: The Sequel

Can I have TWO Friday Smiles?

I just had the nicest surprise! Nicole and Shane are official new residents of Winnipeg, and she stopped by my office this afternoon to introduce herself and bring me Starbucks (the key to my heart - and oddly enough, it was EXACTLY what I'd been whining to my coworkers about craving since lunchtime). It was lovely to finally meet this blogging buddy in person.

Did I mention she brought Starbucks? :)

Welcome to Winnipeg, Nicole! I'm so happy to have you here and wish you all the best as you're settling in. I'm always happy to make another friend.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At August 01, 2008 5:14 PM, Blogger Domestic Bloggess said...

Hey Girl! Glad you liked the Starbucks - I figured I couldn't go wrong with it :)

I have to say, I was a little, okay a lot, nervous/star struck meeting you. As outgoing as I am doing something impromptu like that, to a "stranger" no less, is a little out of my comfort zone - but I like to push myself to try new things - so there ya go.

(That last sentence has some serious structure issues, but I don't have the brain power to work through it today.)

I will, however, apologize for being slightly spazzy (ummm, I shook your hand for pete's sake! I think the 2 interviews today and yesterday made me do that). It was just the nerves. I promise, should we meet again, I'll act normal.

You are lovely and gracious and you are surely one of the prettiest pregnant women out there!

Have a wonderful long weekend :)

 
At August 04, 2008 10:43 PM, Blogger Lindsay said...

Star struck? Well, sorry to disappoint. I'm every bit as normal as I appear on my blog :)

It was great to meet you. I'd love to sit down over a cup of coffee - or have you guys over - as soon as life slows down a little (for both of us!).

 
At August 06, 2008 4:50 PM, Blogger Tannis said...

This feels...strange. Like I should have been there to introduce you guys even though I haven't seen Lindsay since, hmm, a decade or so ago?

 
At August 07, 2008 12:10 AM, Blogger Lindsay said...

:)

I know. We'll need a re-introduction whenever the two of us manage to cross paths again! Between your family out here and my family out there, it's bound to happen eventually...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home