Thursday, August 07, 2008

First Baby Pictures

(and the news you've all been waiting for!)

August 7 @ 13.45

Baby, your Daddy and I are *so* excited to see you again today! I was so excited, I could hardly sleep last night. We're going for an ultrasound this afternoon to get pictures and videos of what you look like right now, and we're also hoping to take a peek and find out if you are a boy or a girl. It doesn't matter to us at all, we just want you to be healthy and happy. But we are looking forward to starting to get everything ready for your arrival.

I'm glad that you're still too little to be embarrassed, because I'm sure that I am going to cry through most of it (so it's probably a good thing we'll be getting a video to watch again later).

August 7 @ 19.35

You're a GIRL! And, as predicted, you made your Mommy cry (enough that I saw some tears in your Daddy's eyes too). You were such a little monkey again, making it tricky for us to get a good picture of your face - all tucked away in the back of my tummy, and holding your hands up to your face the whole time. But you were not shy at all about showing us that you're very much a baby girl :)

I don't why I'm crying about this so much... I'm just so in love with you, and I think you're the most beautiful thing I've ever seen. I know that when you're born, I'll spend hours and hours just staring at you... For now, this is the closest we can get - and so today was very, very special. We haven't even met you yet, and your Daddy and I are already convinced that we are the luckiest people in the world.

-

Here's a front profile (with her little hand up there, almost in the way - and chubby cheeks!) and a side profile of her face. Isn't she beautiful? :)





Guess this means that more than half of my friends are terrible guessers... And that Crystal's 14 for 16. Impressive!

Labels: ,

12 Comments:

At August 07, 2008 8:54 PM, Blogger Kathy said...

I'm so, so happy for you guys! She is unbelievably beautiful and so blessed to have the two of you as parents! I can hardly wait to meet her, too! *hugs* (And for the record, I voted girl!)

 
At August 07, 2008 9:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amazing to see my 9th grandchild before she is born! A first for me! A real cutie but, naturally, she would be:) Hugs all around...

 
At August 07, 2008 10:59 PM, Blogger Domestic Bloggess said...

Oh hooray! A baby girl ... congrats. That is such wonderful news. She's going to be the luckiest girl around to be loved by the both of you so very much.

 
At August 08, 2008 7:08 AM, Blogger gloria said...

i LOVE girls! yay you guys!

 
At August 08, 2008 7:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Right on Linds!!!!! So exciting! Thanks for sharing. She is gorgeous and I can't wait to squeeze her and pinch those cheeks!
I voted boy as you know.....but I did warn you my track record was not good:)

 
At August 08, 2008 8:26 AM, Blogger Charlene said...

CONGRATS! that is so awesome!

 
At August 08, 2008 9:44 AM, Blogger Crystal said...

YAY!!!

I'm so happy for you! And happy I was right.

:)

 
At August 08, 2008 10:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

so my baby girl is having a baby girl. This is all so exciting it's hard to put into words. She's beautiful and I just can't wait to hold her in my arms.
love, her grandma

 
At August 08, 2008 10:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

And my babygirl had a babygirl and now that babygirl is having a babygirl!!What a wonderful way God planned families.!! Grandma K

 
At August 08, 2008 12:34 PM, Blogger Melanie said...

Congrats Linds & Geoff! A girl. She can be added to Malakai's growing list of girlfriends! I voted boy, but maybe I'm biased! LOL! So happy for you guys and the crying thing won't stop. After I had Kai I would just hold and look at how beautiful and innocent and perfect he was and just thanked God for that gift! Marc thought I was nuts. Gotta love hormones!

Mel

 
At August 08, 2008 2:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I KNEW IT!!! My mom and I were sitting at the lake yesterday speculating (cause I was not here when you made the announcement so I only found out right now) and I said "Lindsay is definitely having a girl!" Oh, I'm am so excited for you guys. And now I can shop!!! Yay!

 
At August 08, 2008 3:01 PM, Blogger ka said...

I KNEW IT! I'd like to point out that I said girl eons ago (check the archives - it's there). Though I would still pay money to see Lindsay raise a baby boy.

I think it's even funnier that she wasn't shy to show you she WAS a girl. But I digress.

Scarlett is sitting on my knee and pumped. She has so many partners in crime she won't know what to do with herself...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home