Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Wondering Why

This week has been busy, working to find my groove in my new position at Cocoon. It gets trickier, because I'm still hanging onto pieces of my old position while it's being transitioned to other team members. And while I'm learning / creating this new position, I'm simultaneously trying to train someone to take it all on while I'm on mat leave.

I have such mixed feelings about it, because I seriously *love* what I'm working on now... That obviously makes me happy (who wouldn't love to do something they enjoy all day, every day?). I've worked my @$$ off for 8 years in this crazy industry to be where I am today. But I'm a little bit apprehensive because I'll be taking a year off starting this fall - and who knows what I'll be coming back to.

I'm trying *so* hard to just enjoy it while I have it, and que cera cera. I want this baby. And I want to spend the next year of my life being a stay-at-home-mom.

So why am I so sad?

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At July 08, 2008 8:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Necessary losses". It's hard work to transition to a different role in life. Just remember that this baby has only one mother and she needs you to take care of her so keep up the good work:)

 
At July 09, 2008 8:43 AM, Blogger ka said...

You do get over it. But it takes a while. I was at the office on Monday and one of my employees asked what I thought of what they'd been doing lately. I told her honestly that I haven't been listening at all. It's just easier that way. I could probably start again because now I'm very settled into my new *Mom* role and wouldn't trade it for a day at the office.

 
At July 09, 2008 9:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your job is a big part of who you are and it's very normal to feel sad about leaving. That's awesome that you love what you do and I think it's important to have something else in your life that defines you other than just being a mom. I've had to find out who I am outside of being a mom AFTER I had kids and that's a bit tougher : )

 
At July 09, 2008 3:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did Marilyn say take care of HER? Does she know something I don't? jk. Being a mom will reap eternal rewards which are worth so much more than a well executed project or the paycheck. My children are my blessing. And there are years after the kids don't need you so much when you can work and work. I talk big but I really miss the interaction of co-workers and the pace of the working life. I do understand to some degree.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home