Thursday, July 03, 2008

Random Joy

I managed to read FOUR books in the last THREE WEEKS. That never happens anymore.
- Love The One You're With (Emily Giffin)
- Raising Baby Green (Alan Greene)
- The Happiest Baby On The Block (Harvey Karp)
- Chasing Harry Winston (Lauren Weisberger)

And even better, they were all GOOD. If you aren't already reading Emily Giffin, please do yourself a favour and start. Just pick up the first book - Something Borrowed - and work your way through 'em all :)

*

My co-worker Jason's girlfriend - Ashley - stopped by with Vanilla Bean Frappuccinos from Starbucks for the whole gang this afternoon. Mmm...

*

Tomorrow is Friday, which makes tomorrow my birthday party, which makes Saturday my birthday, which makes Saturday & Sunday our weekend at the lake. I am so in the mood for anything that brings JOY and FRIENDS and LAUGHTER into my world right now - I am so excited.

*

Baby has learned a new trick. This morning when I was getting ready for work, Baby was kicking away furiously - including a little moves I hadn't felt before. They were some pretty serious kicks! I felt like I was getting body-slammed from the inside. This child cracks me up... Geoff called right in the middle of The Attack, and I could hardly stop giggling for long enough to tell him what was going on. I don't know how I'll be a good parent - I think I'll just be busy laughing at everything Baby says or does.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At July 03, 2008 10:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, it's really hard to discipline when you are giggling at the inappropriate things that are said...which of course just eggs them on to be even naughtier.

 
At July 03, 2008 10:40 PM, Blogger Amber said...

Haha, glad to hear things are going your way Lindsay. And another thing: your cupcakes are done, and they taste SO good :)

 
At July 04, 2008 12:27 PM, Blogger Crystal said...

Happy birthday Lindsay!

 
At July 06, 2008 10:07 PM, Blogger ka said...

Hey, if you own the chick lit ones, I need to read those. YOu know, because I have SO MUCH time on my hands. ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home