Monday, June 30, 2008

Our New Crib

Staying on a baby-shopping roll here, I stopped by E-Children on my lunch break (amaaazing kids store in the Exchange District) and left a deposit on our crib. It's on sale now, and the sale is only valid on in-stock merchandise - and they only had two left in the espresso finish.

So it's a done deal! It's in stock and sitting there with our name on it :)

I love this crib. After you've looked at a few and easily discerned the difference between a low, mid, and high-end crib - you can't imagine using anything but a very well-built crib for your baby. And this is a very well-built crib. It feels SO safe and sturdy, has some really great features, and manages to do it all with very clean lines and hidden metal hardware.

And the sale price put it in line with the regular price of a mid-range crib, which we were totally happy with. (Geez, babies are expensive! Especially if you actually care about keeping them safe... hehe)

The funniest part of today's adventure was that a few of my co-workers decided to tag along... They were just *slightly* out of place - and absolutely in awe of all the baby STUFF in the store. When I finished leaving the deposit, I found them all sprawled out in the glider section and had to coax them to return to the office.

Labels:

5 Comments:

At June 30, 2008 2:32 PM, Blogger Elleah said...

Beautiful...I remember staring into the crib when I was pregnant and thinking, "I can't believe there's going to be a baby in there." :) Oh, and I'm totally addicted to So You Think You Can Dance.

 
At June 30, 2008 4:24 PM, Blogger Charlene said...

it's beautiful!it's insane, the first time I lay Emma in her crib, I cried a lil, cause it seemed like I stared at the empty crib for so long.... :-)

 
At June 30, 2008 8:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's lovely and can be used as a daybed - great! I'm glad you are having fun doing this kind of shopping - and with co-workers!

 
At July 01, 2008 12:18 PM, Blogger Jobina said...

We got our crib there too, and on sale. I was amazed at the difference in quality between their cribs and ones that you find at, let's say, Sears or Walmart. On sale ours was the same price we would have paid in one of those stores, plus we got it in Alberta and saved the tax! I still hold to not wanting to ever let it go. Enjoy yours! Love the colour and style!

 
At July 01, 2008 1:48 PM, Blogger it's a gong show... said...

it's gorgeous!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home