Thursday, July 17, 2008

Six Months

So remember my frustration about trying to figure out how far along I am? Geoff and I went to my Week 24 appointment today... Only to discover that (based on the ultrasound we did in June), Week 24 might not be Week 24... Based on the ultrasound results, the due date *may* be closer to November 10. Then again, it might just be that Baby's a little on the small side. In any case, it makes no difference - as long as the estimated date from the ultrasound is within two weeks of the estimated date from our calculations (ie. my shoddy, no-good birth control pill packs), they'll keep the calculated due date as the *official* due date. So, we're still planning around November 3 - but I think that solidifies my decision about working all the way to October 10 (Thanksgiving) instead of throwing in the towel any earlier.

Other than that, Baby is perfect. Lots of kicking and moving around, and a heart rate that seems to be holding steady at 150. The only hint of a complication is that Baby was in a breech position during the Week 19 ultrasound. Blech. Not *great* news, but if that's our only potential worry - that's awesome. (And my midwife mother-in-law tells me not to worry about it at all until Week 36.)

How I'm Feeling:
Hungry. Happy. Achy (just a little). Excited. Optimistic. Definitely pregnant.

New Stuff Last Month:
- Ultrasound results (perfect!)
- Incessant kicking, sometimes enough to make me jump
- My first stretch marks
- Able to feel some kicking from the outside
- My first stretch marks
- Achy calves, hips, and lower back
- Starting to look obviously pregnant to friends and strangers alike

What's On Mommy's Mind:
Well. You are quite the feisty little monkey, aren't you? You've made me laugh out loud so many times this month with your furious kicking - and what I can only assume must be karate chops. It makes us wonder what kind of a kid you're going to be... And I guess that, in a couple of months, we'll know. I think it's pretty much guaranteed that our life is going to become *much* more interesting :)

It's still so exciting to hear your heart beating, and to feel you moving around in there. We heard your heartbeat at the doctor's office again today, and I still get a lump in my throat every single time. This month, I went to go spend a day with your Grandma when she was sick, and she got to feel you kick for the first time. You made her so happy. I know that the whole family is just as excited to meet you as we are. I don't know how we'll be able to keep them from spoiling you - especially your Grandpa. He acts pretty tough, but I know that you're going to turn him into mush.

Your room still looks the same - full of your Daddy's 'toys' - except for the addition of a comfy white glider chair. Your baby blanket is draped over one of the arms, along with a little Tigger from your mobile. It's just waiting for you.

You have no idea how much we love you already, and how excited we are that you're coming. We can't wait for our little family to become three people. You are so wanted, so anticipated, and so loved.



Pssst! Click on the 'Month By Month' link below to view past updates.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At July 18, 2008 12:27 PM, Blogger Jolene said...

Don't worry too much about the "breech" thing. Trinity was almost breech a month before she was born. I was told to always clean my floors on hands and knees or walk around like that every day and the baby would move into a good position. Apparently if you do this throughout your pregnancy you decrease your chances of having to go through backlabour. Who really knows but I did clean like that and one day I felt Trinity flip into a completely new position. She was all ready to go at my next appointment. Glad to hear everything is going so well. I still miss the 6 month stage of pregnancy when you can feel the baby moving, you look good, and you can still get your shoes on by yourself!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home