Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Waiting

So as far as I know, my mom's surgery was a success yesterday. All I have is second-hand info from my dad and third-hand info from my brother... And all of that info is from boys. I need to see my mom and hear it from her - and we'll do that tonight when Geoff and I head out there with dinner for them tonight.

Please continue to pray for her. The recovery won't be fun, and now we find ourselves waiting again. It will be a few weeks before we find out results - things like what kind of cancer it is, if it's affecting her lymph nodes, if it's spread at all, and how they want to treat it (chemo, radiation, or both).

Pray for peace while we wait, and for the best possible news at the end of this month.

In the meantime, I continue to be overwhelmed by the goodness of other people. The world is full of so much bad, but we are surrounded by people who are full of love and joy and generosity and light - it's amazing. I wish that you could all experience this feeling (just without the bad stuff that triggered it).

This week, I've been meditating on this verse: Be still, and know that I am God.

I suck at being still. I'm not being dramatic... I'm really, really, honestly TERRIBLE at it. I'm a woman of action. But I really feel like - in so many areas of my life - it's my time to be still. Be still, and let him do his work in and around me. And so I wait.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At April 09, 2008 3:30 PM, Blogger Black Out Photography said...

I think I may be stopping in for a bit sometime today to see mom. Maybe I'll get to see you for a bit too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home