Monday, April 07, 2008

A Letter to My Mom

You know what? I'm not scared anymore. I don't like the whole situation one bit - but I have every confidence that he is holding us safe. I'm not sure when that switch happened, but it's pretty incredible. People must be praying for us.

Did you ever read that Max Lucado book 'When God Whispers Your Name'? There's a chapter in there about jumping into God's big strong arms like a child jumping to their daddy, and having every confidence that he will catch us because he has never dropped us before. I've been thinking about that story all day today... That, and the story about Jesus and the disciples in the boat during the storm, and how if they had faith he would not let them sink and they would walk on water. Walking on water!! And we're worried that he can't help us with a very positive and treatable cancer diagnosis, complete with a team full of surgeons and doctors and a ginormous support system :)

Yesterday, I would have sunk into the waves. Today... I think I could walk. And it's okay if you're not there yet, because I can hold your hand.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At April 07, 2008 4:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

YES! That is great to hear. Stay in His arms and I'm praying your entire family is there.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home