Wednesday, April 02, 2008

An Uncharacteristically Gushy Post About My Fabulous Friends

Last night, I had the distinct pleasure of meeting up with Anja (recently returned from Europe) and Kari-Ann (highly pregnant, but still pleasant to be around). We ogled Kari-Ann's shiny new engagement ring, mocked the accent Anja always comes home with after spending any amount of time with her family, and just generally discussed the state of our little circle.

In one whirlwind year, we've managed three engagements, two weddings, and two pregnancies between the three of us.

I honestly never thought when we all met working at an ad agency years and years ago (I guess around 8 years for Anja and I, and then Kari-Ann entered the picture maybe 5 years ago) that these would be the girls I'd be sharing all my big crazy life adventures with. But I'm so happy that's how it all worked out.

I love them. I need them. They're the perfect mix of understanding and unsympathetic - they'll let me complain and cry about whatever I need to, then ask if I'm done bitching and tell me to move on.

Oh, and Anja bought Geoff and I our first official baby toy - an adorable rattle with a bear and a butterfly (I'll post a picture later). Kari-Ann brought me my first official article of maternity gear, 'for when I start getting too fat to button up my jeans.'

Guess that means this is really happening! I'm so happy :)

PS - Update on how I'm feeling... Today is not as good as yesterday, but not as bad as the end of last week. I'll take it. Breakfast was out of the question today, but I've spent the morning happily working my way through the soy chai latte Geoff brought me this morning that's literally the size of my head. I'm hoping and praying that the nausea is winding down, but I haven't really gained weight yet - so maybe it's not all bad?

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

At April 03, 2008 8:24 AM, Blogger ka said...

Aw, we love you too. :)

 
At April 03, 2008 11:10 AM, Blogger Aaron Scott said...

Your baby counter is frightening me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home