Monday, March 31, 2008

Weekend Update: The Most Boring Edition Yet

So I feel like crap. I've pretty much given up on faking otherwise. I was SO determined to be one of those people who just happens to be pregnant and sails through nine months all glowy and fabulous. But the reality is that I'm sick of not sleeping. I'm sick of not taking meds for this sinus cold and chronic headache I've had since Wednesday. I'm sick of being this psycho drama queen, so emotional that I'm actually irritating myself. And I'm sick of constantly questioning whether or not I need to make a run for the bathroom because of this stupid morning sickness (or 'progesterone poisoning' - thanks for the book, KA).

All this, and I'm barely even showing. I'm embarking on my measly 10th week. I have all my eggs in the 'your second trimester will be a breeze!' basket right now :)

So I worked from home on Thursday and Friday, and my parents came over for tea on Friday evening. The whole cold/flu thing happened on Wednesday, then on Thursday night I had the delightful experience of having a migraine - with no baby-friendly migraine drugs. Shudder. On Saturday, I ventured out for groceries - then returned home to take a nap. Emily came around 9 pm, and contributed to my only significant adventure of the weekend: driving her to the airport at 4 am (not a big deal, because I was up trying not to puke anyway - and we live less than 10 minutes from the airport). Then on Sunday, I spent the afternoon in Niverville and returned home to watch tv on my couch. All evening. In sweats.

Poor Geoff. I'm sure he wonders what happened to his lovely wife... Yesterday was our six-month anniversary. Honeymoon's over, babe :)

Labels: , , ,

8 Comments:

At March 31, 2008 12:31 PM, Blogger esther said...

oh man lindsay, i'm sorry you've been feeling so yucky, hoping you'll be feeling well soon :)

 
At March 31, 2008 12:45 PM, Blogger Charlene said...

sorry you feel so yucky. hopefully it'll all be over and you can get on to enjoying your pregnancy soon.
no worries, my husband and I were not on speaking terms for about hte first 3-4 months of my pregnancy. I was not a pleasant person...it'll pass... :-)

 
At March 31, 2008 3:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry that you feel so bad. It's no fun. You'd think someone would have come up with pregnancy friendly drugs for migraines and colds in our day and age. Hope you start feeling better really soon.

 
At March 31, 2008 4:29 PM, Blogger ka said...

Here's the upside (I know, ME, coming up with the UPSIDE!).

You will either:
a) have a fabulous little baby that does everything the book says they are supposed to do and when. A nice prize for putting up with months of misery.

or:
b) have a really cute baby (hey, look at its mother!!) - so cute that at least you'll be glad you didn't throw it out the window.

:)

 
At March 31, 2008 5:07 PM, Blogger gloria said...

lol @ charlene... but now that i think of it, uriah left town for 2 months during the beginning of my pregnancy too.... hmmmm.

you will feel better, or you won't, but either way, it will be worth it. :)

 
At March 31, 2008 10:06 PM, Blogger Domestic Bloggess said...

Hope the crappy feelings pass soon for you Lindsay.

As my husband said to me when I was feeling super gross that first trimestre (and barely showing which seemed like a rip off considering how I felt): "You're growing BONE, Nicole ... you're growing BONE. How did you think you'd feel?"

Suddenly that put it all in perspective and I allowed myself to complain guilt-free.

 
At April 01, 2008 12:19 PM, Blogger Crystal said...

Lindsay, you actually own a pair of sweats? I'm sure they're terribly chic.

 
At April 01, 2008 1:39 PM, Blogger Lindsay said...

Hehe... Crystal, they are a pregnant purchase. And they are definitely cute :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home