Monday, February 04, 2008

Weekend Update: The Country Mouse and The City Mouse(s)

Here's how it all went down...

Saturday started off busy. I set my alarm and got up to get ready and make brunch for me and The Boy. Anja came to pick me up around noon, and we set off for Elm Creek (and actually found it). The rest of the day was spent checking out Kari-Ann's steadily belly, her rapidly expanding collection of baby STUFF, and chasing around Winkler and Morden in pursuit of the perfect paint colours. In the evening, she threw together an incredible steak dinner (yep, that's right - steak for girls night) and Anja and I slept over. It was so relaxing, and during dinner we laughed for about three hours without stopping.

In the morning, we returned to the Big City - and Geoff and I bundled up and walked over to Cafe Kohler for lunch (yum). We ran a few errands, then it was another trip to the country, this time in the opposite direction. My whole family (minus Kevin, who joined us later) congregated at my parents' place in Niverville for the SuperBowl, which extended into also watching the So You Think You Can Dance finale. Lots of food, and lots more laughing.

We returned to the city pretty late, but I felt like I'd had a great weekend. Busy, to be sure. But great.

Last night, I started on my new meds. Didn't quite feel like myself today - and no noticeable change in my pain level - but I'm giving it a chance. Eventually, something's got to work. And in the meantime, I absolutely refuse to give up these little mini-adventures with the people I love.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home