Sunday, November 25, 2007

Weekend Update: Turkey, the Sequel

Sunday night at 11 pm, and here's how I'm feeling in point form:
- Sad for the Bombers.
- Proud of the Bombers, who played pretty well and managed a close game despite some less-than-stellar odds.
- Happy for the Bisons.
- Confused why a university team would choose an incorrect plural as their team name.
- Still a little tired from my week.
- SO excited to be counting down ONE MONTH til Christmas!
- Incredibly full.
- Incredibly content.
- Incredibly blessed.

Today was a super-fun day. I had a house full of friends here to celebrate a belated American Thanksgiving (an longstanding tradition I've held with Emily), and to enjoy the Grey Cup together. We cooked, we feasted, we laughed, and we trash-talked with Ally, our friend from Saskatchewan. It was such a great night. More than once, I found myself looking around our dining and living rooms, full of friends - Emily, Rocky, Ally, Kathy, Greg, Kris, Char (and Geoff, when he got home from work) - looking outside at the absolutely gorgeous wintery snow on our street, and feeling absolutely overwhelmed at how lucky we are. It was a warm, happy feeling. The outcome of the game *hardly* mattered.

Well, it mattered to Ally (who gloated just a tiny little bit) and Rocky (who had previously promised to run down our block in the snow barefoot if the Bombers won).

The rest of my weekend was a nice mix of quiet and busy. I spent Friday night at home with Geoff. On Saturday, I slept in, ran some errands in preparation for the party, and then met up with Char at Mark's Work Wearhouse (another stupid spelling...) to help Kris with his fundraiser for Guatemala. We wrapped Christmas present for any interested shopper, and even though the store was PACKED full of Winnipeggers out for a deal - it still made me feel a little Christmasy. I *love* wrapping presents, and it was such a great selfish good deed to get to help Kris while doing something that I found totally fun.

Back to work tomorrow, post-Grey Cup, which will be a little bit quieter for a change. Last week was all-consuming, putting together the lovely ad you see here in time for posting in Manitoba branches this week and submitting to the Free Press for this weekend. We're so pleased with the result (and it was crazy-fun helping to create this Bomber-related enthusiasm in the Scotiabank office at the photo shoot), but it cost several of us more sleep than I'd care to count up - and I think I'm still recovering a little.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

At November 26, 2007 9:00 AM, Blogger gloria said...

Sounds fun Lindsay.

 
At November 26, 2007 11:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad Geoff could celebrate American Thanksgiving. He doesn't likely acknowledge his USA citizenship very often:) It sounds like a great evening...blessings abound!

 
At November 27, 2007 11:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you had a great weekend!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home