Monday, November 19, 2007

8 Things

Gloria tagged me on this one, so here goes nothing!

8 things I’m passionate about:
1 My family
2 My friends
3 My husband
4 My faith
5 My work
6 Coffee (mmm Starbucks)
7 Proper spelling and punctuation
8 Keeping things in perspective

8 things I want to do before I die:
1 Pay off my student loans :P
2 Start a family
3 Celebrate our 50th wedding anniversary
4 Write a book
5 Explore more of this big, crazy world
6 Find a balance where I feel healthy
7 Finish another degree in... something :)
8 RUN a Joints in Motion event

8 things I say often:
1 "Think happy thoughts!" (to Christine)
2 "No man is an island..." (to Dolly)
3 "What? What is that smirk?!" (to Geoff)
4 "I love you." (to Geoff, and anyone else who makes me happy)
5 "Cheer up, Sunshine!" (to Chuck)
6 "You are my favourite person today." (various)
7 "That is NOT FUNNY. I'm not laughing." (to my Dad)
8 "It's still not funny." (to my Dad, while laughing, about 4 seconds after #9)

8 books I’ve read recently:
1 The Shock Doctrine (Naomi Klein)
2 Four Blondes (Candace Bushnell)
3 I Am America, and so can you! (Stephen Colbert)
4 Giving (Bill Clinton)
5 Ecoholic: When You're Addicted to the Planet (Adria Vasil)
6 Web Project Management textbook (what a geek!)
7 A bunch of travel books about Greece
8 Bloodletting and Miraculous Cures (Vincent Lam) - In Progress

8 songs that I could listen to over and over:
1 Again (Lenny Kravitz)
2 Songbird (Eva Cassidy)
3 Thank You (Dido)
4 Dreams (The Cranberries)
5 Alone (Heart)
6 Fear (Sarah McLachlan)
7 Inside and Out (Feist)
8 Fading Like a Flower (Roxette)

8 things that attract me to my best friend:
1 Patience
2 Generosity
3 Sense of Humour
4 Smirk
5 Dependability
6 Honesty
7 Thoughtfulness
8 Values

8 things I’ve learned this past year:
1 Being married is awesome
2 You don't have to be a hero to inspire people
3 I have the greatest friends and family
4 Donkeys smell weird
5 As much as I enjoy it, my job does not define me
6 Weddings cost a lot of money
7 Television SUCKS without writers
8 Geoff makes a fantastic travel partner

And last but certainly not least - I'm not tagging anyone... But I'd love to read yours if you feel inspired to write one yourself!

Labels:

2 Comments:

At November 19, 2007 10:32 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

You also say, "You're kidding, right?"
and yes, you have a wonderful family ;)
love Mom

 
At November 20, 2007 10:49 PM, Blogger gloria said...

thanks for taking time out of your continent hopping to do this :P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home