Friday, September 07, 2007

O.K. (Sigh), I'll Join Facebook

Amusing article about the professional angst that has accompanied the whole social networking phenomenon: O.K. (Sigh), I'll Join Facebook.

Ah, I still remember the first time I got a MySpace friend request from a client. Funny, because I never actually used MySpace. I had to set up an account for another client I was working with, a client who was developing their own social networking site and constantly called me with comments about how we should make something work 'like it does on MySpace.' Incredibly awkward when this other client asked in a meeting why I hadn't accepted her as a MySpace friend... I'm not entirely sure she believed my answer about not using the site.

And now, we have Facebook. And I sometimes wonder about the clients, coworkers, suppliers, and other work acquaintances who have been steadily sneaking into my friends list there... But then I remember that I work at Cocoon, and that it's okay :)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home