Wednesday, July 04, 2007

More Fun Than I Can Handle

Funny how something as simple as a pedicure can make you feel so good. I had a great time being girly with my mom last night... other than one teeny, tiny little thing. After the colour was done, the girl asked if I wanted a design on my big toes. I opened my mouth to say no (because I always say no), but then she uttered the magic words that unlock all of Lindsay's sophisticated willpower: 'It will look very fun.'

Sigh. I know I'm not fun. And so I find little ways to try to LOOK fun. And with those five simple words, she convinced me. But I added a hasty disclaimer: 'But no flowery stuff.' She smiled and assured me that she had an idea that would be PERFECT.

She went to work for a minute or two, and then looked up to show me and see my reaction. I faked enthusiasm and excitement over her artwork (strangely reminiscent of a certain infamous graduation gift). Because very neatly painted on each of my big toenails... was a white and silver swan.

If you know me at all, you know that I am absolutely phobic of birds. They are my mortal enemy. They are ugly and evil and scary. And I now have TWO of them on my feet, following me everywhere I go.

Just in case I decide to paint over my FUN swans, my mom and I stopped so I could buy FUN yellow-and-orange shoes. So today, I have fun toes AND fun shoes. I think the universe may implode.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At July 04, 2007 4:28 PM, Blogger ka said...

I'm just amazed you didn't make her describe her idea to you in great detail, and then ask to see a proof of her work before she put it on your toes. And then make her do it again because you didn't think it was "fun enough to make you look fun."

Oh, I'm kidding. Or, at least we love you anyway? ;)

 
At July 04, 2007 9:20 PM, Blogger Erin said...

Hey, not fair. You didn't even show me the swans on your toes this evening. I mean you were wearing very sneaky shoes to hide them, but still! Take a picture and email it to me! Or put it on your blog for all to see and enjoy...

 
At July 05, 2007 9:33 AM, Blogger Lindsay said...

Erin, I didn't think you could handle all the excitement - hehe :)

 
At July 05, 2007 10:56 AM, Blogger Crystal said...

I'm not laughing AT you, i'm laughing WITH you.

ok, I'm laughing at you.

 
At July 05, 2007 11:59 AM, Blogger gloria said...

*shakes her head in amazement*

you DO know they are just nailpolish right and they are NOT going to fly off your toes and peck your eyes out?

was that helpful AT ALL?

Happy Birthday! xoxo

 

Post a Comment

<< Home