Friday, October 08, 2010

Yes, I Am THAT Awesome

Know what we're doing today? PICKING UP OUR HOLIDAY CARDS.

Know what's on the agenda for tonight? STUFFING THEM INTO MY ALREADY-ADDRESSED ENVELOPES.

I'll pause there so you can all gasp in awe and take a moment to ponder my awesomeness.

This year, inspired in part by Gretchen Rubin's The Happiness Project, the Wright family has embraced what I hope will be a new tradition of sending out our year-end holiday cards around Thanksgiving instead of Christmas.

Why? Because the holidays are stressful. And in my world, stress = pain and exhaustion. And I like Christmas. I want to enjoy it, and to be as healthy as possible while I'm spending time with the people I love and making memories with my family. So if it doesn't absolutely have to be done close to Christmas, I don't want to do it close to Christmas.

I know we could just skip the holiday card thing, but it's important to me because it's a way of communicating to friends and family that we love and appreciate them. Which got me thinking... Is there any better time to say 'I appreciate you' than at Thanksgiving? Yeah. That's what I thought.

The cards will be slowly making their way out the door over the next week (or couple of weeks, depending on how I'm feeling... I'm being kind to myself this month).

Oh, friends, I'm liking this A LOT.

Thanks to Jessica (Black Out Photography) and Amber (just a naturally awesome person + fabulous friend + cool graphic designer) for helping us make this happen!

What's that? You want to see 'em? I thought you might. Well then, without further ado...

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

At October 08, 2010 8:13 PM, Blogger Kristen Loewen said...

love it! thanks for the spoiler!

 
At October 10, 2010 1:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

what a super beautiful card !
Eleanor :)

 
At October 11, 2010 3:47 PM, Blogger Lindsay said...

Thanks, girls!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home