Wednesday, October 06, 2010

Therapy Day

Something that no one tells you about when you have a chronic illness and you're told to 'ask for help' is that there is a consequence. Yesterday, Katie was here for almost twelve hours to help us out while Geoff was at work, and the day went GREAT.

Until bedtime.

I challenge you to try tucking in a toddler who hasn't spent enough time with her mama during the day... I think I cried more than she did. And that's a lot, because MAN did she cry. And I couldn't blame her at all. When I need to ask for help, she's sometimes the one who suffers. And that breaks my heart.

Geoff is home today, and I'm making a big pot of soup and working on only the essentials for my clients. We're having a much needed Family Therapy Day that has already included lots of giggles and snuggles, all three of us sitting down to eat breakfast together, and now Briony's dada took her out for a walk in the leaves.

I am confident that there is enough love in this family to balance out - and surpass BY FAR - the ugliness of chronic illness.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home