Sunday, July 11, 2010

Spontaneousish

On Friday, after shockingly little discussion, I booked a flight to Vancouver for the end of this month. I realize that planning something three weeks in advance would be considered very good planning by some people. I am *so* not some people. My head is still spinning a little bit :)

The catalyst was the fact that my brother and sister-in-law are moving from White Rock to downtown Vancouver over August Long Weekend, and I really wanted to be able to help (as much as I am able to in my somewhat gimpy state). Geoff is working, but Geoff's mom graciously volunteered to host Briony + I (and even babysit so I can *actually* help vs being one of those awful people who shows up with a toddler and 'helps'). He's working all week, so there's no big rush for us to get back... And so we ended up booking flights to go out there with my parents on Thursday, July 29, and we'll be returning on our own on Saturday, August 7.

I'm slowly getting more and more excited... I'm obviously nervous about flying alone with Briony when I'm not 100% healthy, but she's a good little flyer - and we booked a direct flight during her happiest time of day, and at a time that will allow Geoff to pick us up at the airport.

Apparently, I already have plans to watch the finale of The Bachelorette with Jason + Amy (probably more Amy than Jason, hehe). It will be so nice to spend some *bonus* time with our west coast family + friends this summer. And it's a tiny little miracle for me to have Marilyn to help with Briony during the very worst week of Geoff's work rotation - especially while I'm in the throes of a flare up. I've been in tears a few times just thinking about how I was going to manage it. And now - just like that - I have an answer to a prayer I hadn't even thought to pray yet. YAY GOD.

Labels: , , , , , ,

3 Comments:

At July 11, 2010 9:09 PM, Blogger Amber said...

Although I'm happy to see that you are taking this trip and spending extra time with your family, I am holding no guilt back when I tell you that tears welled up in my eyes when I read you'll be out there for the Bachelorette finally, and not here, with Dolly, Christine and myself.

*pout*

 
At July 11, 2010 9:31 PM, Blogger Lindsay said...

BUT I'll be home for the premiere of Bachelor Pad!

 
At July 12, 2010 8:35 AM, Blogger Lenore @ Lather. Write. Repeat. said...

Sounds like a great time! I'm sad, I will be visiting my 'in-laws' during the Bachelorette finale and I don't know how I'm going to sneak it in without some ridicule!!

XO
Lenore

 

Post a Comment

<< Home