Thursday, July 01, 2010

Countdown to Lilith: Heart

I'm seeing Heart in 15 days.

I'M SEEING HEART IN 15 DAYS.

I'M SEEING HEART IN 15 DAYS.

I would be the world's biggest liar if I said this wasn't one of the very biggest reasons I wanted to go to Lilith Fair this year. I have loved Heart for a long time. They occupy the space in my heart right next door to Pat Benatar and just around the corner from Roxette.

What can I say? I'm a girl who loves a good power ballad.

And yes, I know I was only born in 1981 - do not ask me to make sense of this. You know those people who say that they would have loved to live in Victorian England or New York in the 1920s or other ridiculous things like that? Not me. In terms of music, I was likely intended to come of age in the eighties. The NINETEEN eighties.

I digress.

From what I've heard, I will NOT be disappointed. The Wilson girls can SING. And I will be gloriously happen to listen.

(The video won't embed... So you'll have to visit this link to get all excited about Heart with me. You know you love this song. Everybody loves this song. I'll bet your grandma loves this song. And I'm going to be hearing it LIVE in... you guessed it... 15 DAYS!)

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At July 02, 2010 12:41 PM, Anonymous Ashley said...

You will not be disappointed- I saw them when they were here in Winnipeg, and they rocked my world! :)

 
At July 08, 2010 9:09 AM, Blogger Domestic Bloggess said...

I'm afraid to say this, but I HATE Heart. And I'm not just saying it when in fact I just don't care for their music. I full on DO NOT LIKE it ... AT ALL.

Can we still be friends since I am still incredibly jealous you're going to Lilith so we must have SOMETHING in common - maybe just not music tastes - given that I am fine to listen to some country?

Pretty please? With a cherry on top? We need to find a common musical interest stat!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home