Thursday, July 01, 2010

One Moment With Briony

Today, I was sitting in Briony's room after her bath and reading books with her (one of the few things I've been able to do in this state). She would run over and grab a book, then bring it to me, and we'd sit and read it a couple of times. Then she'd hop down and repeat our little pattern.

On her fourth or fifth trip, she came back with a book that we don't usually read - it's basically an illustrated version of the children's book 'Head and Shoulders, Knees and Toes' - but she didn't bring it all the way to me. She put it down on the ottoman, opened it up to the first page, and started singing incoherently while frantically touching her knees, then her toes, then her knees, then her toes, then her head... I could not stop laughing at her. I've never sung the song for her before, but clearly SOMEONE has (Geoff? Katie? Mom? SOMEONE needs to fess up! hehe).

We ended up singing it together - with actions - about a million times in a row because every time I stopped she'd clap and cheer and then say, 'More?'

Sometimes, I honestly forget that she's so little. We expose her to 'cool' music and she'll sing and dance, and then she'll hear 'The Wheels on the Bus' and get so excited and totally rock out to it. SIGH.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At July 02, 2010 6:17 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Confession: I might always sing that book to her with actions. Also, I sing the "I'm a Little Teapot" book too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home