Monday, June 21, 2010

Workaholics Anonymous

I was inspired by this article today.

I've been working a lot lately on spending my time consciously - on working more efficiently so that I have more time and energy left for MY LIFE. It's so freeing to start to ask questions like 'how does this fit with my goal of having a balanced life?' and 'will this make my family happier?' and 'why am I doing this in the first place?'

It's kind of amazing, actually. Yes, I'm saying NO a little more often. But by saying NO to the things that don't have a place in the life I want to live, I'm able to say YES to some other things - things that make me happy. Of course, BALANCE isn't a destination - it's a journey. But every decision I make to live my life more consciously keeps me on that path.

I think we can all do a better job of pursuing balance. This week, I'm making a promise to myself to keep my work inside boxes of dedicated Work Time - and to walk away from my laptop and live my life in between.

What will you promise to yourself this week?

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

At June 21, 2010 7:47 PM, Anonymous Marilyn said...

Great ideas...what is your hobby?

I'm trying to make my life a bit less boring this week...picnics, etc. and no mosquitoes:)

 
At June 24, 2010 1:34 PM, Blogger Lindsay said...

@Marilyn - Sounds awesome! (And I'm still working on the hobby thing. Blogging? hehe)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home