Monday, June 14, 2010

The One With a Glimmer of Excitement

Geoff and I have been talking practically forever about doing a trip to New York. He's been, I haven't, and I've ALWAYS wanted to go.

We debated just going and bringing Briony along - because, let's face it, we bring her everywhere - but that would mean giving up Broadway. And I'm a girl with a minor in Theatre who has never been to New York... TRAGIC.

We've been asking around a little to see what kinds of options we'd have for childcare if we decided to just go for it during Geoff's vacation at the end of this year - and I think we *might* have found a solution.

Just the idea that Geoff and I could possibly have a couples-only mini vacation in our future is making me so happy... I'm just having a really difficult time not feeling selfish. We had a baby, and it's our responsibility to take care of her. The idea that other people would need to reschedule their lives so that we can go and selfishly enjoy a baby-free vacation makes me a little bit queasy, if I'm being honest. Never mind the whole part where I spend a bunch of days halfway across the country from my cute-alicious baby girl. And it's kind of overwhelming to realize that we have people in our lives who love us enough to be willing to give their time to do something like this for us.

Good thing I have lots of time to wrap my head (and my heart) around all of this.

In hopes that this trip could possibly happen, I've been doing something that would make Gail so very proud: I've been putting away money every month since February so that our entire trip is easily and painlessly pre-paid. Kind of awesome, hey? I am *so* not this girl... At least, that's what I used to think. But it's actually kind of fabulous to be doing it (in a grown-up kind of way).

We've been talking about it for so long, and I haven't really allowed myself to feel excited about it at all because it didn't feel real. We're still working things out, but just the idea that it could possibly happen unleashed a single excited butterfly today... :)

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

At June 14, 2010 8:36 AM, Blogger Lenore @ Lather. Write. Repeat. said...

You will LOVE New York! I've been twice and did Broadway both times, you must you must!

XO
Lenore

 
At June 14, 2010 11:44 PM, Blogger sherri said...

I can't wait for you to experience the greatness of NYC! I have tons of money saving tips and a list of great things to experience. If you want any of it, let me know!

Also, you and Geoff deserve a weekend to yourselves! :D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home