Wednesday, April 28, 2010

A Quick Smile List

I am NOT having a great day. Geoff was working last night and I was up for hours with a teething baby. I feel horrible because it is so not like her... I can count on my fingers how many times I've been up with her during the night for more than a minute or two, and last night was a little bit weird - so I know she must have been seriously uncomfortable, and I tried all the tricks in the book but they didn't help her very much.

We ended up having some good giggly mother/daughter time on the couch together but I prefer my quality time during daylight hours :)

And so today is a TIRED day. Today is a PAIN day. Today is a LONG day.

I think this calls for a smile list.

Today, I choose to smile because...

1. Our Lilith Fair tickets came in the mail this week. AWESOMENESS.

2. My bathtub is sparkly clean, and I am sooo taking advantage of that tonight. I have some Lime Margarita bath salts from Tiber River screaming my name.

3. We are now just three weeks + two days away from Geoff having an entire month off. HUGE SIGH OF RELIEF.

4. I got my course pack in the mail today for my FINAL COURSE that starts on May 10. This means that by the end of July, I'll be eligible to graduate. I'm loving the light at the end of this tunnel.

5. Geoff brought me a latte from Starbucks this morning. That is always a good start to the day!

6. I was able to pick up the new 'Master Your Metabolism' cookbook by Jillian Michaels yesterday, and I'm totally nerdy-excited to try out some of the recipes. YUMMY.

7. I had a wonderful evening catching up with Anja yesterday, taking Briony to the park and then drinking tea together. There's something incredibly special about friends you've known and loved for a long time. I'm so grateful to have her in my life.

8. My parents get home tonight from their trip out to see Aaron + Cait. They were only gone for a couple of days, but I hadn't spent time with them for a while before they left, so it feels like it's been a long time...

9. I have a massage booked for later this afternoon. That fixes *almost* everything :)

10. We found someone to help us with our estate planning. She seems super nice and we've set up a meeting with her for next week. It feels awesome to cross such important things off our list.

Labels: , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At April 29, 2010 11:12 PM, Blogger Black Out Photography said...

and your sister and niece got home from their trip... no big deal.

 
At April 30, 2010 10:01 AM, Blogger Lindsay said...

As this is the first piece of communication I've received since you returned, I was forced to assume that your plane crashed and you died a fiery death somewhere over Saskatchewan - which is OBVIOUSLY not going to show up on my Smile List.

:P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home