Monday, April 12, 2010

Briony + Grandma

My very favourite photo from our Easter weekend with my parents...


This kid *loves* her grandma (aka 'baba'). They're best buddies, and it makes me so happy to watch them together. When we're not together, I hear Briony asking about her many, many times a day.

The thing that no one warns you about when you're pleading with God for your mom to become a breast cancer survivor instead of another sad statistic is the weight of the emotion you'll feel at every single milestone for the rest of your life (or hers). And sometimes in perfectly ordinary moments.

Today, it was re-watching the video of Briony walking back and forth between us in my parents' living room yesterday. I can't even imagine those moments this weekend without my mom there... I don't want to. If I even think it, my thinking turns to ugly sobbing.

I don't know how my family got so lucky, but I'm grateful for it EVERY SINGLE DAY.

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

At April 12, 2010 7:53 PM, Anonymous Marilyn said...

That IS a great photo. God is good. I watch the walking video at least twice a day - love it:)

 
At April 13, 2010 10:47 AM, Blogger Lindsay said...

I know. This photo makes my heart smile. And Briony is a very lucky little girl to have TWO grandmas who love her to bits. Very excited to see you soon!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home