Wednesday, April 07, 2010

Go Go Go

Today, I was forced to put on real pants and go to work like a real grown-up.

I'm kind of kidding. I enjoy the days when I get to be Professional Lindsay, they're just extra busy. Not that I'm not professional when I'm working from home... Whatever. You know what I mean.

Today, Briony was up EARLY again. Blech. I had a half-hour of Mama + Briony Time before Geoff came home from a night shift. We had a few minutes together as a family before he took over so that I could start getting ready for my day. Then Katie arrived to take over Briony duty so that I could leave for work and Geoff could go to sleep. She stayed until he woke up, and then he watched Briony for the rest of the afternoon - allowing me to hammer through a few in-person client meetings and grab lunch with my friend Chuck (the creative director at the agency where I had most of my meetings today).

Still with me? These are the days of our lives :)

I came home to a super cranky teething baby girl, and we powered through dinner before deciding to distract her with a walk to the park to play on the swings - and I swear she cheered up the second we put her in the stroller. We stayed out until bedtime (and gave her a bottle on the road), and she CRASHED once she was back at home and in her crib.

I'm going to declare that it was a good day. It was made even better by the fact that I managed to wrap up work by 10 pm today (ugh... I KNOW) so that I could watch the American Idol results show on PVR. Which would have been a fun little ending to my day if I hadn't accidentally come across the results of the show about ten minutes into watching it. I WAS SO MAD. Both about ruining the surprise and about the result, but happy with the resolution. And that's all I have to say about that, just in case I ruin it for anyone else ;)

Oh, and GLEE on OPRAH made me extra-happy. Other than the part where I had to watch Oprah for an hour. Is it me, or is she more annoying than ever? I used to be able to watch her sometimes, and now I actually avoid it. But anything for my Glee kids... It was glorious. And it's making me even more excited for next week than I already was.

And now it's the end of a very long day. Cross your fingers along with me that Briony will not turn our two early mornings into three. I think that three probably constitutes a 'streak' of some sort, and it only takes 21 days to form a habit... SHUDDER. I cannot survive on this schedule for much longer.

I am very much looking forward to tomorrow. My mom is coming for Tiber River pedicures in the morning and then sushi for lunch. It's pretty much guaranteed to be a good day :)

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home