Monday, April 12, 2010

Nosy Neighbour

Okay, so I'm trying to solve another neighbourhood mystery... It's not really that fabulous of a mystery because we live in the most boring neighbourhood in the world. Seriously. The worst thing that has happened in North River Heights in recent memory is that one of our treasured Academy Road restaurants lost their chef last week. It was in the paper for about a week and everyone is talking about it. (Us included... It's probably our favourite place to eat out.)

And sometimes kids from other parts of the city come here to steal our cars. But we have an obscenely disproportionate number of police patrols around here, and they usually catch them. There was an *attempted* break and enter on our street last year and there were dozens of cops here in about two minutes. We're talking about dogs and everything, with the entire area blocked off - and then multiple police visits and line-up photos and all kinds of Law + Order style drama (no Chris Noth, unfortunately). I'm not exaggerating. You can't make this stuff up.

Anyway.

There's a couple on our street who had a baby. We think so anyway... Everyone kind of hibernates in winter so it's hard to know exactly. But the guy who we assume is the dad pushes a baby stroller up and down our block every day now. And that's the thing. It's every single day, and it's seriously just up and down our block. For HOURS sometimes. At first, we didn't think anything of it - other than that the baby must be colicky or something. But he never goes around the corner or takes the baby on an actual walk. Just up and down the block.

Our current favourite theory is house arrest with some kind of ankle thingamajig that allows him to go a certain distance from the house. Or two ex-girlfriends who each live one block away in opposite directions and have restraining orders against him. Don't even get me started. I'm losing sleep over this one. And I still haven't solved the mystery of our across-the-street neighbours' bizarre little revolving door or visitors.

SHEESH. I don't have time to work full-time outside of our home and get all this Nancy Drew work done!

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At April 12, 2010 12:39 PM, Anonymous Momma said...

Okay,I'm seeing you in my mind peering out of the window and discussing what the neighbours are doing with Geoff. Does this remind you of anyone? Scary...

 
At April 12, 2010 1:54 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I sometimes do something similar. I SWEAR Elm Creek is the windiest place on earth (WAY more than POrtage and Main). And I have a child that LOVES outside. So sometimes we go for a walk because it seems nice. Then we hit the tree line. And it's so not. SO we've been known to walk up and down the tree line MANY times. I'm pretty sure my neighbours from the next mile road watch and laugh. Whatever. If they think what we do is strange outside, they should see INSIDE somedays. :)

But I'm pretty sure River Heights doesn't have the same wide open prairie that the Creek does. Not sure what their excuse is...

 
At April 12, 2010 2:28 PM, Anonymous Marilyn said...

Not a creative walker for sure!

 
At April 12, 2010 8:47 PM, Blogger Amber said...

Sounds like someone needs a full-time office job again ;)

 
At April 13, 2010 10:48 AM, Blogger Lindsay said...

Mom - I'm seriously not That Girl. But when you walk past my house nineteen thousand times a day, I'm going to notice.

KA - Okay, THAT is funny :)

Marilyn - My thoughts exactly.

Amber - HAR HAR.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home