Friday, March 12, 2010

Friday Smile

Do you know how much I love Tina Fey? I LOVE TINA FEY. I want to be her when I grow up.

Imagine my delight when she popped up on the cover of Vogue this month. VOGUE. VOGUE!

(Yep, and now the Madonna's playing in my head.)

I felt like it was *score one* for every girl who was just a little too smart in school, for every girl who relies more on her ability to make a joke than her ability to curl her eyelashes perfectly, for every girl who'd rather write the funny lines and have someone else deliver, for every girl who is 'cute in that ___ way' and never ever The Hot One.

Because That Girl is on the cover of Vogue this month.

It kind of makes me feel like the whole world is going to be okay. And yes, I'm aware of all that controversy over the photoshopped scar. And yes, I'm aware that 'photoshopped' is bastardizing the proper use of the Adobe Photoshop brand, but it annoys me to make it a proper noun in print when I'm not really using it in a proper noun kind of way. But in a week where I feel GROSS on top of GROSS for adding surgical scars to my already baby-scarred and flabbed-up abdomen, it's reminding me to let that go and focus on the calls I got to do some incredibly creative and intelligent projects for my clients.

Yeah, it sometimes sucks to be That Girl. But maybe - just maybe - your mom was right, and someday the right people will see that the smart + funny girl is incredibly sexy in her own special quirky little way.

You're officially ON NOTICE, Hot Girls ;)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home