Friday, March 12, 2010

Friday Smile - Part 2

I just had to add a second smile today, because I've experienced a couple of amazing things this morning.

The first is that I stepped onto our scale for today's weekly weigh-in and I'd lost a little bit more - especially noteworthy because for some reason I will never understand, I left the hospital a full eight pounds heavier than when I'd checked in and those eight pounds stuck around for more than a week after I got home. I'm now 0.5 pounds from my goal weight for this round of our Biggest Loser competition, and I still have a couple of weeks to go. And this latest little loss officially put me under a weight barrier that I haven't seen since I was in my second trimester with Briony. YAY ME. This process has been sloooow, but it's amazing to prove to myself that - however long it might take - it is POSSIBLE.

The second thing is that I've been panicking a little bit about how to manage things around here with Geoff returning to work this weekend. I sent out a few emails yesterday, and before I got out of bed to start my day this morning, I'd heard back from every single person I'd approached for help - and every single one of them was totally on board and ready to help. THANK YOU GOD for amazing friends.

Now I'm ending this no good very bad week with a massage appointment. Because I sooo deserve it.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home