Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Finally

I don't know why it took SO LONG for this to finally happen (scratch that - I do - it's totally politics and red tape and too many people getting involved in something simple), but Lindsay got impatient and decided to just do it on my own.

This week marks the official launch of the only group for young adults in Manitoba living with arthritis or fibromyalgia. We're hoping to meet in person for the first time in March... So between now and then, I'll be working my tail off to try to find other people like me! Otherwise I'll be having a very lonely cup of coffee with myself in March (hehe).

If you know anyone in the Winnipeg area who lives with one of these diseases - or a related autoimmune disease - who is in their 20s/30s, please send them my way... We have a Facebook group (Young Adults With Arthritis in Winnipeg) or they can email me.

I am *so* excited to meet other people who are living with some of the same challenges that I do. It's always hard to live with a disability, but it's a special kind of hard when you're trying to date, to go to university, to build your career, to get married, to start a family, to raise kids... I hope that this group will be able to provide some much needed support to a very special group of people. Waiting for March is like waiting for Christmas :)

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At January 05, 2010 6:20 PM, Blogger Domestic Bloggess said...

I'm *so* proud of you for starting this up!

 
At January 05, 2010 8:15 PM, Anonymous Marilyn said...

Way to go:) It will be a big help for those who have courage to reach out.

 
At January 08, 2010 10:52 AM, Anonymous erin said...

you really are an inspiration!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home