Saturday, January 02, 2010

The Morning After

We all managed to get some sleep last night, though not nearly enough. Maybe this is why people choose to have kids while they're still very, very young? :)

Briony's doing okay. It's taking both Motrin and Tylenol together to keep her fever under control, which is not a long-term solution but it will get us through today. When the meds are working, she's actually crawling around and looking at books and playing peekaboo with us a little bit - not back to normal, but much more like herself than yesterday or even this morning. This morning, she just lay in my arms for an hour and a half and would only lift her head up every ten minutes or so to give her stuffed aardvark a hug. I'm so grateful to have Geoff home today because I was still pretty worried about her this morning, and having two of us here has allowed us to tag team for naps. YAY for NAPS.

We're going to be okay. It's just been a long couple of days. And Briony being sick necessitated us pulling ourselves out of our planned Family Day with my parents and siblings today. Geoff's still going to join the boys for the Moose game tonight, but I'm taking some time to feel a little bit sorry for myself for being the only one who can't participate at all. I was *supposed* to be meeting my mom and Jessica and Cait to go shopping this afternoon, then hosting my entire family for dinner and having a movie night here with all the girls + babies. We're hoping that Briony will recover enough for us to be able to see Aaron + Cait for brunch on Monday before they fly back to Vancouver.

I'm a little flared up after yesterday's drama. My back and shoulders are pretty messed up after spending the vast majority of yesterday carrying around a hysterical one year old. I already called and booked a massage for next week, but there just might be a bubble bath on my agenda for sometime later today.

Some days, this mommy thing is HARD. Yesterday was definitely one of those days. But there's still nowhere else I'd rather be than here taking care of her.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At January 02, 2010 7:17 PM, Blogger Elleah said...

Glad she is getting better!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home