Friday, December 25, 2009

Presents

I am not usually the world's biggest fan of Christmas presents. Don't get me wrong - I love it when people buy me things, and I especially love giving presents to other people. I just don't like it when the presents part of Christmas overshadows the family part of Christmas.

I think that the presents part was more fun for me this year than ever because Briony loved it so much. She was so excited to tear apart the wrapping and tissue paper and it was so much fun to watch her investigating her new toys. If this is only a hint of what's to come, I'm looking forward to many, many more holidays with her.

We tried to keep it simple for her. She got a new stroller, which came on the 23rd and is every bit as awesome as we'd hoped it would be. Geoff + I bought her a Little People schoolhouse set and a book - and she loved both of them. Well, it was a three-way tie between the Little People, the book, and the shiny wrapping paper (hehe). And she has some other little things in her stocking to open up later today.

I was way more excited to watch Briony open presents than to open any of my own, but I changed my priorities pretty quickly when I unwrapped a gorgeous pink Burberry scarf and gloves set from Geoff this morning. It was love at first sight...

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home