Monday, January 04, 2010

Reasons Why Today Was Awesome

Reason #1:
I administered absolutely NO baby drugs today (other than antibiotics) because my baby girl was fever-free ALL DAY. Amazing. I can't even tell you how much better I feel with that weight lifted off my shoulders. Because CLEARLY it's all about me, hehe. It was so good to see her dancing and hear her chattering nonstop all day. We didn't even mind cleaning up her massive mess in the living room after she went to bed because that mess meant that she was playing again :)

Reason #2:
We met my parents and Aaron + Cait for brunch at Cora's today. And Cora's is always awesome. It should have been a sad brunch because Aaron + Cait flew back to Vancouver today, but it wasn't really sad at all because Geoff + Briony + I will be on the west coast in less than ten days. Oh, and we finally got to give Aaron his birthday gift: the complete Danger Mouse series on DVD. He loved it just as much as we knew he would.

Reason #3:
We went shopping for a while this afternoon and I found two items that had been eluding me: the cranberry brie pastry appetizer from Superstore and a blazer that fits my post-Briony body for client meetings. My victories were especially sweet because we nabbed the second last box of the appetizer (which has apparently been sold out for most of the holiday season) and the blazer I found was the one I originally wanted when I started looking this fall. The store had only two left: one in Size 0 (are you kidding me?!) and one in my size. Both were marked down to $40 from $150. I swear I heard angels singing and a radiant spotlight shining directly onto my fitting room. Of course, the blazer will no longer fit once I eat the cranberry brie pastry appetizers...

Reason #4:
The Bachelor started again tonight. I'm SO OVER pretending that I don't absolutely adore this show. And this season launched with an epic scandal. Apparently, one of the women sleeps with a producer and is disqualified and sent home mid-season. Can you hear my happy sigh from wherever you are? There is NO WAY this season will disappoint. And there is so much more good television to come this winter. As a side note, I'm not really sure when I started watching this much television - I suspect Briony's arrival had a lot to do with it. I'm just more grateful than ever for our PVR so that I can squeeze these guilty pleasures into non-family time (and skip commercials!).

Labels:

1 Comments:

At January 05, 2010 9:44 AM, Blogger Heather said...

You are so hilarious..thanks for my morning laugh..and yes, I also have to admit..The Bachelor has got me too!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home