Thursday, October 01, 2009

Welcome to Business

Today was exciting and scary and stressful and stress-relieving and about everything else in between.

For starters, I sent in my official, in-writing notice that I'm not coming back to work when my mat leave ends later this month. Well, actually, for starters we took Kevin out to lunch for his birthday and then I went and got a cleaning and check-up with a new dentist. But then I sent in my official mat leave letter (email). I didn't cry. I thought I would, but it makes a huge difference that I'm still working with them in my new, less-traditional capacity :)

And then I headed over to a 'Welcome to Business' workshop at the Women's Enterprise Centre. I won't lie... It's incredibly scary to start a business. Even scarier, I think, when you are doing it knowing that its success will bring stability and opportunity into the life of one very adorable ten month old baby girl (note that failure is NOT an option).

I feel like I'm getting a better idea of what I need to do to make it legitimate and grow it from there. It's going to be a heck of a lot of work. But I'm ready. I have to be, because I think I have a grand total of TWO mat leave cheques left. Um, YIKES.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At October 03, 2009 1:07 PM, Blogger Black Out Photography said...

I know how you feel. I was shaking when I wrote my letter to my old job that I wasn't returning, shaking when I registered my business name, shaking when I got my GST number.... And yet, I feel free now for some reason, like I know with every inch of my body that this was the right thing to do. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home