Friday, September 25, 2009

Friday Smile

I am truly searching for a Friday Smile.

Today was frustrating... I did not get the answers I was looking for at the EI office about the end of my mat leave and the official start of my business. In fact, I got quite the opposite news. In Canada, we're lucky to have the mat leave benefits that we do and I will never complain about that. But in so many ways, the world still operates in 1950 as far as women are concerned, and we all need to do a better job of speaking up and petitioning government to see those changes happen. In this particular situation that I'm finding myself in, I can't really stand up for myself without shooting myself in the foot at the same time - and I hate how that feels. I don't want Briony to be dealing with this kind of shit when she's grown up.

But I am (relatively) healthy. I have a husband with a good, stable job. I'm smart and educated and experienced. And I have a skill that I can market and make money doing from home. And so I will. Somehow.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home