Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Getting By

Hooray for moms who come and help their daughters take care of their daughters. My mom packed up and headed into the Big City to hang out with Briony and I today while Geoff slept off a night shift. It was awesome to have someone around to help while I'm feeling so flared up.

In the afternoon, she helped us out by coming along to a photo shoot I'd committed to before this flare-up (Briony did GREAT!).

By the time she needed to leave, Geoff was waking up - so I was fully covered today. But this was all leading up to a big family decision that happened late this afternoon. It's time for me to come to terms with being sick, and to acknowledge the sometimes daunting challenges that brings into our little family. And so this year I'm going to have some extra help in the form of a one-day-per-week angel. Details to come (and the impact on our budget is still TBD), but I'm feeling *much* more optimistic about our family's future - and my ability to fully participate in and enjoy it.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At September 30, 2009 8:11 AM, Blogger Margaret said...

High fives for moms! You have a very special mom.

 
At September 30, 2009 8:38 PM, Blogger Domestic Bloggess said...

Moms are the best! Something about them becoming Grammas make them even better :)

Oooh, I'm so happy to hear that you will be getting an angel helper. Wonderful, wonderful news.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home