Monday, August 24, 2009

The Official Recap

So today turned out well.

Katie was nice and exhibited no serial killer or child kidnapper tendencies, so we left for our massage appointment as scheduled. And Briony seemed to love her - they played and then B napped and then they played some more and B had a bottle.

Insert HUGE SIGH OF RELIEF.

I was really happy with how the afternoon went. And then I walked into the kitchen, and what I saw there just about caused heart failure. She did the dishes. And not even just her own dishes... Our dishes that had been sitting on the counter when she got there. Holy *#&$. Now I need to figure out how to keep this girl babysitting for us forever (and possibly pay her more). Heck, she can come babysit ME :)

And it was really, really nice to spend a little bit of non-baby time. Not that I don't love spending time as a family. But it was nice to spend couple time, even though it was short and sweet. And I feel the weight of the world lifted off my shoulders, because now I feel like I have an option to call a babysitter. What a concept...

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At August 24, 2009 7:47 PM, Blogger Elleah said...

That is wonderful. :)

 
At August 24, 2009 11:21 PM, Blogger Jeremy said...

So smart. We've been total failures in getting sitters...not that it's so hard, we just haven't done it enough.

 
At August 25, 2009 8:19 PM, Blogger ka said...

~sigh

I need one too. But that's a WHOLE nother debacle...

 
At August 26, 2009 12:15 PM, Blogger Black Out Photography said...

I didn't do your dishes yesterday... :)

 
At August 26, 2009 6:26 PM, Blogger Mark said...

WHAT???!!!! I need that girl's number! She doesn't happen to live really close to ME does she??
I'm thrilled that you found a good babysitter, that's worth SO much!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home