Monday, August 24, 2009

Lindsay Has A Date!

It's Monday! It's Monday! It's Monday!

:)

Now that you want to kick me in the face... I'll explain that Geoff got home from work just over an hour ago - with Starbucks for me - and is currently sleeping off his third-last night shift in our no good very bad summer. He's been working like a fiend for most of the last two months, with a grand finale of working nine out of ten shifts in a row (twelve hour shifts, of course). Now he's off for a couple of days, working Thu and Fri day shifts, and then on vacation until September 26.

We made it! I am *so* happy.

To mark this auspicious occasion, we are trying out a new babysitter this afternoon. She's coming after lunch for a couple of hours, and Geoff and I have plans for a couple's massage and gelati (in the rain, apparently... boo).

Sadly, this is only our third 'date' since Briony was born... We managed to catch lunch and a matinee on our own in February (thanks, Marilyn!) and dinner and the Coldplay concert two months ago (thanks, Mom & Dad!). We are looong overdue to find a babysitter. I always swore that we would NOT be one of These Couples. I guess it's not too late to change that.

-

Side Note: I was typing this quickly and came up with possibly the funniest typo ever: couples' massage vs couple's massage. I'm thinking that a couples' massage would be a different kind of date entirely... Never let it be said that proper punctuation is not important on a blog :)

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At August 24, 2009 2:54 PM, Anonymous Marilyn said...

I'm glad you all three made it through this very busy summer. Hope the massages work magic (once you recover!):)

 
At August 24, 2009 4:00 PM, Blogger Allison Friesen said...

Oh, sounds like a great reason for a babysitter!

Don't feel too bad about being one of "those" couples. Cory and I definitely are one of those. We've paid for a babysitter exactly ONCE since Carter was born and he's 18 months old.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home