Sunday, August 23, 2009

Social Butterfly

Yep, this is mostly another one of those Bragging About My Baby posts. You've been warned.

It's getting pretty hard to keep track of all of B's new tricks... I love spending time with her, and it's always an adventure to hang out with her in the morning and see what she remembers from the day - or the couple of days - before.

This week's new additions? She's trying to wave back at people who wave to her. And she's obsessed with throwing her hands up into the air and yelling 'YAY!' in this high-pitched mouse voice. No crawling yet, but she's doing great with all the social stuff. I suppose she comes by that pretty honestly :)

In keeping with this theme, I got her a new book this week. We were shopping at Chapters and I was showing her some of the baby books - and she went absolutely nuts over this book that had different pictures of babies in it. It had to come home with us. And she still gets excited every time I pull it out for her.

Panda and Sophie the Giraffe are still her favourite - and a stuffed monkey at my parents' house. Whenever she sees a 'friend' she recognizes, she gets *so* excited and needs to touch them and talk to them. When reunited with the monkey at my parents' house this week, she immediately tackled him and started to tickle him (and say 'tickle tickle' so there was no mistaking her intent). Funny.

And she met a new 'real' friend on Thursday: my friend Sonja's little Elizabeth, who was born on July 1. The girls were completely in love with each other. So cute. Sonja took a few pictures of the girls together, and I wish I'd been taking a video of our little impromptu baby photo shoot because it was hilarious. Those girls both sat there and posed, smiling away - I don't think there's a single photo where *one* of them wasn't smiling.

Future playdates will be inevitable. And Briony's mommy could not be happier that we've managed to find a few people who mommy likes playing with too (hehe). B is *not* the only social one in this family :)





Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home