Thursday, August 20, 2009

Not Laughing

Okay, so to recap, this week you all discovered that I am a freak who can't deal with time left behind on a microwave. Well, let's round out the week by admitting another quirk that helps to make me Lindsay: I hate bridges. HATE HATE HATE. I hate driving over them, I hate driving under them, I especially hate when they're really long or when I get stuck underneath one for longer than necessary because of a traffic jam or a train. I always imagine them collapsing under me (or over me) and that never ends well.

So you can imagine my *delight* to hear this today: St Adolphe Bridge Closed. I just freaking drove over this bridge YESTERDAY.

I am never driving over a bridge again. At least, when I am forced to, I shall do so with much less class than usual. (Poor Geoff.)

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At August 21, 2009 7:55 AM, Blogger Margaret said...

I hear you - I HATE bridges. And yeah, that St. Adolphe bridge - I drove over it last week...and now I hear it's "shifted" three feet. ? We should stay off bridge Lindsay.

 
At August 21, 2009 8:49 AM, Blogger Kristen Loewen said...

What?! You drove over my bridge and didn't stop in?
(yes, that's all I got from your little rant.)

 
At August 21, 2009 10:26 AM, Blogger Allison Friesen said...

We drive over that bridge 2-3 times a week. Talk about a little scary! My poor Mom drives over it 2x a day!

Bridges generally scare me too and now this??? Yikes!

 
At August 21, 2009 11:07 AM, Blogger gloria said...

yeah, i went over that bridge twice on tuesday, twice on wednesday.... not happy about that

 
At August 22, 2009 3:47 PM, Blogger Lindsay said...

Kristen - Your comment made me laugh out loud, because I was driving through St Adolphe this week thinking 'I should have called Kristen and arranged to stop in!'

 

Post a Comment

<< Home