Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Ugh

It's not a full moon. It's not that time of the month (and I am *not* pregnant). And I had my coffee this morning. So I have no idea why I've been so incredibly irritable this week. Things that would usually be minor issues or bumps in the road are seriously sending me over the deep end, and I hate being like this. I can hear the tone in my voice and know the words that are about to be fired out of my mouth, but I just shrug and let 'em fly anyway. I can sometimes even feel myself making those quick calculations to determine what I could do or say to achieve maximum damage to the other party. I hate that part of me.

In between a fibro flare-up, a teething baby girl, a tense week in our marriage, and an overwhelming work and school related to-do list, I'm missing out on all the little pockets of joy that I know are there.

I started today with a promise to myself that I would choose to make it a really good day. It's only lunchtime, but already I wish it was an option to just crawl back into bed and then start today over again.

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

At June 17, 2009 4:46 PM, Blogger Margaret said...

I hear you - I'm in the same boat today. sigh.

 
At June 17, 2009 7:48 PM, Blogger ka said...

Tee hee. I only laugh, because I can related.

And mine was two weeks ago. That beautiful wedding you attended on the weekend was *almost* called off. And not just because of The Boy - there were some other, miscellaneous parties involved...

Cheer up. Your friend KA's social sked just blew wide open... We'll get together to rant soon!

 
At June 17, 2009 10:51 PM, Blogger gloria said...

i hate days like this

 
At June 18, 2009 12:08 AM, Anonymous Momma said...

To encourage you, reread the comments from your post on Jan. 11th. I'm so glad that God grants us another tomorrow to either fix the damage from the day before, learn from it, and then go on... Remember, things always look better in the morning! Be brave.

 
At June 18, 2009 8:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Old age does not protect you from all these frustrations so pick up your sandals and trip onward to the heights!Age and beauty fade but things of love and grace are magnified.Today my heart is singing again.The music has been dull too long!! Grandma

 
At June 19, 2009 8:53 PM, Blogger Lindsay said...

Good for you Lindsay. We all go through those little moments of frustration, and it is so great that you know you can turn your mood around. So many of us don't, or not all the time anyway. You are obviously very strong, and very smart!

On another note, I changed my blog address. I once was "Lindsay Bear", but now it's at http://letsmoiseyon.blogspot.com/

Have a great weekend!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home