Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Remission Accomplished

Have you done anything lately that makes you feel like you made a difference? No? Well, I can help you change that in under two minutes :)

It's really pretty simple...

Go to the Run for the Cure website.

And now, either...

1. Click to donate to a participant, and support me or my mom (or another member of our team).

OR

2. Register to participate on October 4. You're committing to either paying a small registration fee OR fundraising $150 (it's not that hard) and joining us at the MTS Centre to walk either 1K or 5K (it's *really* not that hard - people, I did the 5K when I was 8 months pregnant). Be sure to sign up under team REMISSION ACCOMPLISHED so you get all the news and details.

There you go... Not so hard, is it? And a pretty nice way to feel like you've done something noteworthy with your Wednesday morning. Because you did :)

I'm really excited about being Team Captain again this year. Last October, we participated in honour of my mom, who was too sick from chemo to be able to come. This year, we're praying that she'll be strong enough to be there and witness this amazing event. I don't really have words for what it feels like to be in the presence of so many breast cancer survivors, and to feel like you're actually DOING something to help support research so that other families don't have to go through the same kind of year we just did (and we were one of the lucky families).

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At June 24, 2009 10:54 PM, Anonymous Momma said...

Aww...now we know that Briony and Chloe were there doing the Run too! I love this picture. What an awesome thing for my family to do for me - as well as so many friends and extended family. I was so sorry to miss it. I fully intend to be there this year with bells on! Remission Accomplished!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home