Wednesday, April 01, 2009

The First Step

I've been giving a lot of thought to this whole concept of being gentler with myself. And I decided that today would be the first true day of figuring out what that might mean in my life.

This morning, I enjoyed a lovely leisurely breakfast with my mom and my friend Kathy - who braved the terrible snowy roads to spend some time with me (ahem BRIONY). These ladies are two of my very favourite people to spend time with, and it was really nice to catch up, even if it was much too short. The best part? I didn't kill myself running around and trying to make sure that my house was perfectly clean before they arrived. I decided that they would just have to love me, messy bathroom and all. I also decided to spend the last 15 minutes before they arrived just cuddling with Briony - who was in the sweetest, giggliest mood - instead of doing my makeup. And then when they got here, I didn't beat myself up about my choices. Instead, I chose to just relax and have fun - to be fully present in the moment and make the most of the time I had with them. It felt really, really good.

Spending that time with them was truly my one good thing that happened today. Well, that and the time I spent cuddling in bed with Briony this afternoon. It was supposed to be a nap, but she just wanted to play. Oh well.

And I just got off the phone to book a massage for next week Tuesday. HOORAY. I seriously haven't been since I was pregnant, and it's something that I've really been wanting (read NEEDING) to do.

I thought that was likely enough for one day. It's a very good start :)

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

At April 01, 2009 9:38 PM, Blogger Kathy said...

I would brave the roads again in a heartbeat! Thanks so much for breakfast today, Lindsay. You and your Mom are two of my favorite people, too, and our visit was good for my soul. Getting to spend time with Briony was just icing on the cake! Give that beautiful girl's cheeks another squeeze for me, okay? ;)

 
At April 02, 2009 1:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Like I say we are raising children not houses!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home