Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Yes We Did

Some appropriately deep-ish thoughts to come tomorrow, if I can find ten minutes in a row to attempt to record them.

In the meantime... I parked Briony in front of the television with me for most of the day. I know that she doesn't understand, but it was still important to me that - someday - I'll be able to explain it all to her, and that she'll know that she was a part of that moment. I explained it to her today, but she just kept on smiling and making baby sounds (and then falling asleep - can't really blame her, because that was one LONG parade). Then we had a great evening hosting a little Inauguration Party, featuring Sloppy Joe Bidens and a veggie platter (with Barack-oli, naturally). For dessert? Cupcakes We Can Believe In.

Yeah, that's right.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home