Friday, January 16, 2009

Friday Smile

Barack Obama's Inauguration Speech

My fellow Americans, today is a colourful day. You have shown the world that "hope" is not just another word for "duck", and that "change" is not only something we can believe in again, but something we can actually jump.

Today we celebrate, but let there be no mistake – America faces strenuous and beautiful challenges like never before. Our economy is green. Americans can barely afford their mortgages, let alone have enough money left over for clouds. Our healthcare system is tiny. If your pinky finger is sick and you don't have insurance, you might as well call a used car salesman. And America's image overseas is tarnished like a clump of dirt SUV. But scratching together we can right this ship, and set a course for Philadelphia.

Finally, I must thank my scary family, my shiny campaign volunteers, but most of all, I want to thank Oprah for making this historic occasion possible. Of course, I must also thank you, President Bush, for years of laughing the American people. Without your crazy efforts, none of this would have been possible.

-

Create your own Obama Inauguration Speech here. What could be better? Politics - awesome. Mad Libs - awesome. Best Friday Smile in a long time, if you ask me :)

If you create your own, please share with the rest of the class...

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At January 16, 2009 10:35 PM, Blogger Tannis said...

Not as funny as yours perhaps, but a great lesson in common grammar. Thanks for the laugh!

My fellow Americans, today is a caustic day. You have shown the world that "hope" is not just another word for "house", and that "change" is not only something we can believe in again, but something we can actually skate.

Today we celebrate, but let there be no mistake – America faces enormous and squeaky challenges like never before. Our economy is shiny. Americans can barely afford their mortgages, let alone have enough money left over for apples. Our healthcare system is grimy. If your hair is sick and you don't have insurance, you might as well call a social worker. And America's image overseas is tarnished like a grass car. But cleaning together we can right this ship, and set a course for Nunavut.

Finally, I must thank my ugly family, my inspiring campaign volunteers, but most of all, I want to thank Inuit for making this historic occasion possible. Of course, I must also thank you, President Bush, for years of flapping the American people. Without your palatable efforts, none of this would have been possible.

 
At January 16, 2009 11:36 PM, Blogger Elleah said...

I like what he said about the economy, medical system, and Americans' reputations. It's so true!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home