Friday, January 16, 2009

Fibro News

Big news today in the fibromyalgia community... Just a short time after the first two drugs to be indicated specifically for fibro treatment came on the market, the American FDA has approved a third. I haven't been able to try any of these options out - I got pregnant pretty much as soon as that could have been an option - but it's nice to know that so much progress is being made. It gives me HOPE (even as I'm choosing to try the organic diet and exercise route again). When you've had that feeling of being backed into a corner, news like this makes you see that there are options and other things to try.

If you're interested, you can read about it here.

I'm not sure exactly when the whole diet-and-exercise plan will come into effect here. I'm half following it already. I just need to be mentally ready to start it full-force - I've done it before, so I know what a huge commitment it is. I'll keep you posted! It will be soon...

Labels:

1 Comments:

At January 17, 2009 12:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree, this is very exciting news. It's amazing how far the medical field advances from year to year. Thank goodness! It would be even better if actual cures were found :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home