Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Getting Ready for Christmas

As always, Jenni from ChronicBabe.com has climbed inside my head and posted an article that speaks to *exactly* where I'm at right now. This week's topic: Get Ready For The New. And I am sooo ready to do that.

2008 was a big year, and the record-high high moments were balanced by earth-shattering lows. I'm ready to move on, and so very excited for what 2009 will bring for my family: the end of my mom's battle with breast cancer, my daughter's first year (and mat leave until sometime in October), and so much more that makes my heart smile in anticipation.

But for today, and the last week of this year... I want to make the most of these very precious moments with family and all the people I love. I want to dwell on peace, surround myself with love, and seek out little moments of joy. And I wish the same for you, dear friends. Merry Christmas.

-

This is the ornament we bought to celebrate Briony's first Christmas:

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At December 24, 2008 10:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas! from this house to yours.Love,Grandma K

 
At December 25, 2008 12:28 PM, Blogger ChronicBabe - Jenni Grover said...

thanks for that, babe! :)

 
At December 25, 2008 12:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

When one's priorities are in order, one can find the simple joys enough to keep on going amidst difficulties. May you be blessed with 'enough' of all that you need in the coming year.
Love the tree ornament...I almost bought one similar but then chose the little angel:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home